We customize treatment plans to meet the specific needs of each child. The interventions can be comprehensive or target a specific area of need. The duration of treatment is determined by the child’s progress in close collaboration with the parents.
We provide behavioral, language, social skills, educational and adaptive assessments to identify the current level of functioning and the child’s current needs. We use these assessments to develop goals and formulate treatment plans.
We offer a wide range of therapeutic and educational services for children with autism and other developmental disabilities. This includes early intensive behavioral intervention, specially designed programs, focused behavioral interventions and in-class support in the school setting.
Programs for children with emotional and behavioral disorders
School Support and Consultation
Parent Training and Support
For children with emotional and behavioral disorders, we provide functional behavioral assessments, parent consultation, training and support, school consultation, curriculum evaluations and one-to-one support in the school setting.
We provide training and consultation for paraprofessionals and teachers. Our trained and experienced therapists are available to work directly with children in the school setting providing in-class support and assistance for the child on a one-to-one basis.
We regularly meet with each parent to provide important information on their child’s progress and recommendations to help generalize acquired skills. We offer extended parent training to teach strategies to decrease problem behaviors and improve the child’s functioning.
The STEP-BY-STEP Foundation is a nonprofit, public benefit organization dedicated to providing evidence-based treatment for children with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- We are experts in the use of Applied Behavior Analysis to improve the lives of children with autism and related disorders.
- Our treatment plans are individually developed by detailed assessment to meet each child’s specific needs.
- We recognize the importance of parent involvement in treatment planning and implementation. We work with families.
- We provide extensive training opportunities for parents, teachers and professionals.
We are highly trained and experienced professionals.
- Our therapists have graduate degrees in psychology and have received extensive training in using the principles of ABA in the treatment of children with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- We provide a treatment team approach that includes the parents, behavior therapist, speech and language pathologist and clinical supervisors.
- Our clinical supervisors and lead therapists are fluent in English. Many of our staff received their graduate education in the United States and Great Britain.
- Treatment is developed and managed by licensed and credentialed clinical supervisors.
Our primary goal is to do what has been demonstrated to be effective in the treatment of autism and related disorders.
- We use evidence-based interventions to accelerate learning
- We maintain the child’s motivation and interest in learning by providing therapy in a highly reinforcing environment – we make learning fun!
- Teaching functional language is our top priority
- We work closely with parents and family members. We believe that parents are the most important members of the child’s treatment team.