We use effective interventions to accelerate learning
- Our goal is for our clients to catch up with typically developing peers
- We maintain the child’s motivation and interest in learning by providing therapy in a highly reinforcing environment – we make learning fun!
Teaching functional language is our top priority
- Many of the children who we work with have delays in communicating their wants and needs, as well as engaging in social language with others.
- A great amount of research shows that problem behaviors can be significantly reduced through functional communication training.
Our treatment is evidence-based
- Our interventions are based on scientific principles and published research findings.
- Simply stated, we do what has been demonstrated to be effective in the treatment of autism and developmental disabilities.
We work closely with parents and family members
- Research as shown that parent training and collaboration is essential to the child’s success in therapy.
- We believe that parents are the most important members of the child’s treatment team.
Our treatment plans…
- Are based on the careful assessment of the child’s current educational needs.
- Provide errorless learning. We utilize the principles of shaping and fading to support every child’s skill development throughout the treatment process.
- Are individualized to each child’s specific needs and skill level.
- Emphasize the generalization of skills learned in therapy to the home, school and community settings.
- Teach and reinforce the essential skills for independence and success.