We customize treatment plans to meet the specific needs of each child. The interventions can be comprehensive or target a specific area of need. The duration of treatment is determined by the child’s progress in close collaboration with the parents.
We design and implement individualized treatment plans to increase the following skills
- Community living skills
- Functional communication skills
- “Learning to learn” skills
- Personal safety skills
- Play and leisure skills
- Pre-academic and academic skills
- Reduction of problem behaviors that jeopardize health and safety and impede successful functioning (e.g., stereotypic, aggressive, self-injurious and disruptive.)
- School readiness skills
- Self-care skills
- Social interaction skills
- Feeding training
- Toilet training
We provide behavioral, language, social skills, educational and adaptive assessments to identify the current level of functioning and the child’s current needs. We use these assessments to develop goals and formulate treatment plans.
- Language Assessments
- Education Evaluations
- Functional Skills Assessments
- Functional Behavioral Assessments /Functional Analysis Assessments
- Speech & Language Evaluations
- Social Skills Assessments
- Early Intensive Behavioral Intervention. This provides 10 to 25 hours per week of direct intervention with a comprehensive (includes multiple domains) emphasis is on remediating core deficits of autism and other developmental delays.
- Specially designed programs for children and adolescents that provide less than 10 hours of direct intervention per week with an emphasis on remediating core features of ASD and other developmental delays.
- Focused behavioral interventions for children and adolescents that address one or two behavioral objectives, which may include self-help skills and reduction of behavior problems that interfere with learning, functioning, and development.
- In-class support for children in the school setting to facilitate learning in group settings as well as social interactions with typically developing peers.
- Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Support Plans specifically designed for home and school settings
- Parent consultation, training and support
- School consultation and training of teachers and administrators. Our goal is to help create a supportive school environment that fosters positive behavior.
- Evaluation of curriculum and instruction. To ensure that the child is in an educational environment that is supportive and provides opportunities for academic growth.
- One-to one support in the school setting. A therapist provides one-to-one support for all or part of the school day. Our primary objective is to provide intensive training of those skills necessary for the child to function successfully and independently in the school setting.
(Photo of workshop presentation)
- We provide training and consultation for paraprofessionals, teachers and school administrators on establishing a supportive and successful learning environment for children with autism and developmental disabilities.
(Photo of therapist working with child in classroom with other students)
- Our trained and experienced therapists work directly with children in the school setting. We focus on the rapid acquisition of skills necessary for the child to be work independently and be successful at school.
(Photo of clinical supervisor, therapist and parent)
We help parents develop effective skills with warm and empathy. We regularly meet with each parent to provide important information on their child’s progress and recommendations to help generalize important skills. We also offer extended parent training to teach skills necessary to decrease problem behaviors and improve the child’s functioning in the home and school setting